At its October meeting this year, Old Hamptonian Lodge, one of the Federation’s founding lodges, celebrated its seventy-fifth anniversary. This article about the meeting is reposted from Old Hamptonian Lodge’s website.
Seventy-six years ago Amelia Earheart disappeared trying to fly around the world, Stalin was purging his rivals, “Spam” was launched and Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” was published. And, in the leafy suburbs of West London, a group of eleven men, including governors, masters and old boys of the then Hampton Grammar School met to discuss the formation of a lodge “for those old boys of the school who are desirous in masonry of continuing their association with their friends at school and for other good reasons“. After a second meeting in October 1937, the name of the lodge was agreed: Old Hamptonian Lodge. Its founding master, the “father of the lodge” was to be W. O. Hiehle and it was consecrated with seventeen founding brethren on 23rd March, 1938.
On 19 October 2013, Old Hamptonian Lodge celebrated the seventy-fifth anniversary of that consecration at the regular October meeting. W.Bro…
View original post 78 more words